Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Sands Station 1864

Here's the other interesting photo in the lot sold on eBay yesterday - and it shows how wrong I was to make comments based on the first photo! I said 'no leisure use of the sands here', well clearly that was only because that photo was taken at high tide. Here the beach is teeming with life. [Note to self: must to try disguide ignorance better]
1864 Sands Station

And there are two more pictures: below is the whole page as shown on eBay, I wouldn't want anyone to think I was only showing the good stuff here! The other two pictures show the beach and harbour, but are perhaps more familiar (or else old pictures of these scenes just all look the same to me).
1864 Sands Station

It just goes to show what gems appear on eBay - you have to keep watching, watching, watching...

No comments: