The "BOOK" is a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use even a child can operate it. Just lift its cover! Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere, even sitting in an armchair by the fire yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM disc.
- Each BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information.
- These pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence.
- Opaque Paper Technology (OPT) allows manufacturers to use both sides of the sheet, doubling the information density and cutting costs in half.
- Experts are divided on the prospects for further increases in information density; for now BOOKs with more information simply use more pages. This makes them thicker and harder to carry, and has drawn some criticism from the mobile computing crowd.
- Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain.
- A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet.
- The BOOK may be taken up at any time and used by merely opening it.
- The BOOK never crashes and never needs rebooting, though like other display devices it can become unusable if dropped in water
- The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward or backward as you wish.
- Many come with an "index" feature, which pinpoints the exact location of any selected information for instant retrieval.
and it's all true...