Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Seaside Postcard 34: Hoots Mon!

Ramsgate Comic Postcard Today's vintage gem shows a Scottish tourist enjoying the local sights. I'm not sure how large the Scottish component would have been in our local tourist market, but it would make a change from a breezy day in Mallaig or Dundee...

End of my first week in the new job, so far so good. That's all there is to say really, you'll get no nail-biting whistleblowing here, it's just an ok job at an ok place at a below-ok salary (my fault for applying for it, I know). Still the mortgage gets paid (not by my paycheque I hasten to add, I just get enough to buy the food and pay the utilities!), and I'll be looking for bigger and better things before long. Ho hum.

Meanwhile I notice it's now December, and all those Xmas enthusiasts who have shown restraint so far will now feel obliged to let rip with their decorating fantasies. I'll try and get a photo or two of the wilder displays - it might brighten up the gloom!

3 days until Paris. You've no idea how much we're looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Michael Child said...

Zumi it’s hard to imagine now but back in 1971 when I worked for Chipperfield’s Fairs they still had pre war what the butler saw machines working and taking money in the arcade. We spent the winter converting this type of stuff from taking thrupenny bits to 2p coins.

Richard Eastcliff said...

And now they're going to fill Dreamland with them. That's progress!