Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oppressive working conditions

cat in in-trayJust in case you thought my new job was going ok - just look at the humiliations and suffering I have to endure. I'm the grumpy-looking one at the back by the way...

Apparently this local cat has a habit of wandering in to the building - I can't really blame it, the heating settings are managed by a frigophobic sauna-loving maniac as far as I can tell.

It's not the cat I object to as such - it can't help being a cat, and it was harmlessly friendly, if a bit casual about its approach to desk territory, clearly having no idea of office etiquette. But its presence (for about 5 hours) led to a succession of female colleagues, from senior managers down, coming in to coo at how lovely he was, and isn't he friendly, and I wonder where he comes from and isn't he well-behaved. And they liked the cat too.

3 comments:

adem said...

ha ha.... I bet you were loving it.

ZumiWeb said...

Well it could have been worse... two cats for example...

Richard Eastcliff said...

My Bertie's always wandering over my desk and keyboard, ruining everything I tyreyfn

See!