I'm not sure anyone cares about the techy detail here, but just for the record - in case you're banging the side of your monitor because it doesn't look the same - I have widened my blog from 738 pixels to 960 pixels wide (to most of you, that just means it fills more of the screen). Only 2% of my visitors have 800x600, so although one or two (literally) might have to scroll a little to see the full glory of my stuff, the other 98% get the chance to see even bigger, brighter pictures. And as I seem to be mostly focused on pictures, that seems a good thing.
Watch this space for bigger, brighter things. And just as an example, here's a piccie I took at Dover Castle a few months back. More luck than judgment, but I thought it came out ok . . .